Friday, September 18, 2009

Neglected Garden

Hello there,

I have been on a crazy adventure this summer...that started with a few fantastic camping trips & has ended with a wonderful celebration of my 33rd birthday on 09/09/09....spooky right! LOL

I have neglected my site...and my garden, as in between these wonderful events, I believe "the man upstairs" was testing my sanity! I survived...but in a nut shell......

* my garden basically drowned (WAY TOO MUCH H2O)
* my horses were attacked by cougars (DEC said not a bear...but wont admit that there are cougars in the area. rmjeperry@gmail.com is my facebook address if you wish to see some "cat attack" pictures. They are a little graphic...so keep that in mind for younger viewers.)
* my tent ripped the day before my last camping trip
* my husbands wallet was stolen
* my mom was diagnosed with diabetes
* due to the horse attack my upstairs will remain gutted for another year
* and my down payment for the new car I bought is sitting in my two beloved horses (who are recovering extremely well).

So my boss tells me today I seem distracted! HA HA...just a little. But I'm still smiling and the family is healthy! The completely gutted upstairs will have to wait...the horses were more important this year:) My tomatoes are plentiful and my peppers are yummy...thanking "the man upstairs" for the little things!

Will try and write more frequently now that things are kinda getting back to normal...kinda:) lol

Becky Ri
www.naturesway2grow.com

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, Becky! I remember you coming to my blog a long time ago, so I thought I'd see how you were doing. Gosh - need I say more? Cougars! I'm glad your horses will recover. Were you previously aware of Mountain Lions in your area? I've seen signs of them (scat and tracks) near my home here in the mountains of CO this summer. However, they are normally so shy, I've actually only seen one a couple times fleetingly several years ago. I do not allow my Grandchildren to run ahead when we're walking the trails, however. Not to make you paranoid, but don't let your children roam too far from home. Glad you are trying to look on the bright side!

    ReplyDelete