Saturday, July 4, 2009

Blueberries

Blueberries have been grown by my family for many years. 3 years ago I transplanted a few bushes....actually had to use an axe to separate these HUGE bushes into smaller plants, from my grandmothers home.

Well, all was going well until the deer found them this spring. The bushes were almost eaten down to nothing.....all but about a foot of them has been gobbled up by these adorable little bests!

But to my shock and amazement I found that 3 out of my 8 remaining bushes actually have blueberries on them this year. This is the first year since we brought them to our property that we have had blueberries & I'm very excited!

I just mulched all around them and used some of my horse manure to fertilize them. They seem to have really taken off! I'll be sure to keep you posted during these VERY exciting times around the Perry Farm:)

No comments:

Post a Comment